Weld Destruct Technician
Performs destruct of parts and measurement to ensure weld quality for the customer is met.
- Perform plasma cutting, grinding, pneumatic chiseling, polishing and measuring.
- Multi-task, implement advice, adapt to changes, and work well with others
- Use of gages and calipers to inspect the quality of a part
- Cut & Etch of GMAW-spot welds and able to measure with a microscope to ensure weld quality is acceptable
- Fill out and complete results for the customer per customer specifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A basic understanding of GMAW, spot welding process's and weld lab destruction techniques used to evaluate weld quality
- Weld lab, Weld Quality or Weld Destruct Experience
- GMAW, spot welding, fasteners and pushout experience
- Minimum 1 year of quality inspection and/or practical related automotive manufacturing experience
- Able to logically think through problems and provide recommendations for solutions
- Basic computer skills, measuring instruments, plasma cutter, air chisels and other destructive tools
- Willingness to learn
- Manufacturing prototype environment
- Ability to handle frequent distractions and interruptions
- Overtime as required
- Noisy environment
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear PPE