Waste Tech – Hospitals
Waste Tech- Hospitals- $13.63/hour – weekly pay.
Full covid vaccination is required by this client's policy.
Flu shot and TB skin test required as well. (Flu shot during Flu Season)
Drug test – 6 panel prior to start
Attendance policy- must have 0 unexcused absences within the probationary period
. The waste tech is responsible for the removal of waste from each department in the hospital, regular waste, bio-waste, chemo waste. They transport it by picking up the bags of regular waste into a trash truck and take to outside trash compactor that the company comes and take to landfill. The person will also be responsible for moving beds off halls, or taking a bed to a floor or room, doing set ups for functions(moving furniture), boxes of files, cleaning stairwells.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures.
* Identifies, transports, and disposes of trash, chemicals, linen, and biohazardous materials using proper safety procedures.
* Performs cleaning functions as assigned; properly operates cleaning equipment as designated.
* Recognizes safety hazards and acts accordingly.
* Maintains high standards; works steadily at efficient pace; achieves high customer satisfaction scores.
* Interacts hospitably, cheerfully, and supportively with staff, patients, visitors and work colleagues.
* Maintains equipment, tools and storage areas in clean, orderly and good operating condition. Respects Hospital and Company property.
* Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, spills, etc.
* Accepts suggestions and direction from supervisors and Hospital staff.
* Honors department s attendance, break, behavior, dress and safety codes.
* Accepts and absorbs Department and Hospital education program.
* Exercises good judgment while working around patients and visitors. Remains professional at all times.
* Takes initiative in rendering service or responding to needs.
* Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as provided.
* Performs other duties as assigned – Including but not limited to: pulling trash/linen in patient rooms and assisting housekeepers with cleaning rooms.