Hiring Test Technicians!
Download the Robal app here https://bit.ly/RobalApp to apply and view all our jobs!
Conducts a variety of electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties:
- Read test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Test functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified environmental conditions such as temperature change, vibration, pressure and humidity.
- Calibrates test instruments according to specifications.
- Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance and capacitance.
- Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production team and others regarding testing procedures and results, to resolve problems.
- Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, test procedures, equipment manuals, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Read/Write Fluently in English
- Must be well-organized, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
- Ability to make all calculations necessary to develop, deploy and evaluate test processes and product performance to test specifications.
- MS Office Suite including; Outlook, Excel, Access, and MSWord.
- IPC610D Class III Solder Certificate. Expired certificate is okay.
- Sustained dependable attendance.
- Cooperation with others in team environment for cross training and conference on operational issues.
- Initiative in learning and changing work methods to accomplish assigned tasks on a timely basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Regularly required to walk up and down stairs.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Regular use of hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Regular use of arms to reach.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.