Sr. Yard Leader
Sr. Yard Leader
The Yard Leader is responsible for managing specific yard activities. Primary goals are to ensure that the requirements of the Yard Management group as well as our customer requirements are met.
The Yard Leader reports to the Operations Manager and / or Group Leader and has direct responsibility to lead their location.
- Know, understand and follow Yard Management Processes.
- Know the inspection process (inbound / post campaign) and train team on standardized inspections process.
- Know how to use equipment (scanners/computer/etc.) and train team.
- Understand and use the VASCOR Knowledge Base.
- Fill out necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Know, understand, and use Quality Management System and train team.
- Know, understand, follow, and enforce HR and Safety Policies that effect location.
- Manage a staff of 12 employees. Very fast paced environment.
- Accurate arrival of inbound vehicles.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer training helpful, but not necessary.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Experience in production field.
- Experience with leadership.
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Engenders trust
Physical demands and work environment: The physical and mental demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
On the job the employee must:
- Have natural or corrected eyesight capable of conducting inspections in varying levels of light.
- Have normal range of hearing, or corrected hearing, to be able to respond to normal workplace sounds including approaching vehicles.
On the job the employee must be able to perform these functions on a daily basis:
- Read and comprehend written word
- Perform calculations
- Communicate orally
- Reason and analyze
- Comprehend directions/instructions
On the job the employee:
- May be exposed to excessive noise depending on job location and operations in progress
- May be around moving machinery and equipment on a daily basis
- Depending on work location, may be exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity
- May be exposed to dust, fumes, gases, radiation, chemicals depending on the work location
- May be required to drive motorized equipment depending on the work location
- Potentially walks on uneven ground
- May be required to drive motorized equipment such as golf cart or company vehicle
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.