This role is responsible for the design, development and certification of Windows embedded software applications within electro-mechanical display units and other human interface devices for military and aerospace applications.
- Design, document, and certify Windows embedded software applications.
- Write technical documents including Software Requirements, Software Design Descriptions, and Software Test Procedures.
- Conduct / participate in peer reviews of requirements, software architecture, and code.
- Perform software Verification and Validation activities.
- Prepare and present technical design reviews both internally and externally.
- Report schedule and technical status on a regular basis and participate in program reviews internally and with the customers; be able to manage multiple projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications / Education, Experience & Competencies:
- B.S. (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Three (3) Years Relevant Work Experience.
- Experience with Windows Embedded Software design and development.
- Programming real-time embedded software applications.
- Proficiency with Development Tools, In-Circuit Emulators, Logic Analyzers and Test Tools.
- Experience in all aspects of software development life cycle.
- Read/Write Fluently in English.
- Sustained dependable attendance.
- Cooperation with others in team environment for cross training and conference on operational issues.
- Initiative in learning and changing work methods to accomplish assigned tasks on a timely basis.
- Travel, possibly up to 10% (once travel restrictions are lifted).
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Regularly required to walk up and down stairs.