Provide high quality workmanship by following manufacture set up instructions and utilizing efficient and productive processes to exceed our customer expectations for satisfaction.
- Complete work performed in accordance with the Standard Set up Times while maintaining the goal for an individual *Efficiency average of 85%, an average of 85% *Productivity and 100% *QC pass rate
- *Efficiency: Standard Set up Time (SST) / Actual Time Punched on Job
- *Productivity: Actual time spent punched on Jobs / Available time (Shift)
- *QC pass rate: Percent of total units passing
- Accurately setup new equipment out of the box following manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Perform setup on Club Car, Salsco and Toro equipment in accordance with SST
- Preparation of Demo units according to specifications
- Document issues in a clear and concise manner
- Grind bed knives, reels, blades and set the Height of Cut (HOC) to the customers requested settings
- Use the computer for parts lookup and keep up with company communications through email
- Assembly of new equipment accessories to customer specs and within SST
- Equipment will be inspected through an internal Quality Control Technician
- Must be skilled in repair and maintenance of turf equipment.
- Must have the ability to read manuals, electrical and hydraulic systems schematics, have basic knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school or equivalent experience at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the commercial turf industry.
- Minimum of five years’ experience; or related field experience in mechanical field.
- Training courses, schools and seminars a plus.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Must have basic math skills, i.e. simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must be able to comprehend specifications outlined in manuals, as well as be able to read and understand measuring devices such as dial indicators, calipers, feeler gauges, scales etc.
- Diagnostic skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and analyze documents and procedure manuals.
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching
- While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles as well as to caustic or toxic chemicals.
- Noise levels can be excessive on occasion.
- Work is in a climate controlled, well-equipped service facility, with occasion to be exposed to outside weather conditions.