Hiring Service Technicians!
Download the Robal app here https://bit.ly/RobalApp to apply and view all our jobs!
Provide support to the Maintenance Shop Team to ensure the shop can respond to our customer’s needs, exceeding their expectations for quality repairs, quick turnaround time, and meeting promise dates.
- Complete work performed in accordance with the Standard Repair Times maintaining the goal for an individual *Minimum Efficiency average of 75% while maintaining an average of 85% *Productivity.
- *Efficiency = Standard Repair Time (SRT) / Actual Time Punched on Job
- *Productivity = Actual time spent punched on Jobs / Available time (Shift)
Accountabilities and Responsibilities,
- Accurately test, troubleshoot, and diagnose failures on hydraulic, electrical systems, and gasoline and diesel engines
- Perform all repairs to meet quality control standards and in accordance with SRT.
- Prepare accurate estimates for parts & labor.
- Documents issues in a clear and concise manner, showing cause for failure and correction.
- Grind bed knives, reels and blades to the customers requested settings.
- Use the computer for parts lookup and to keep up with communications through email.
- Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Welding as needed
- Assembly of new equipment to customer specs and within SST
- Preparation of Demo, Loaner, Pre-owned sale and rental units according to request and specifications
- Strive for continuous improvements by learning the product from the manuals provided.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills, integrity, honesty, motivation, and dedication to duty must be a daily work ethic to maintain company goals.
- Each team member is expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on-the-job training beyond their current position
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation with leadership staff, peers and all other departments.
- Each employee is expected to have a winning attitude to positively affect co-workers and customers.
- Must be skilled in maintenance and repair of turf equipment.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret and understand schematics.
- Must have the ability to work alone and with others in the team environment.
- Must have own tools to work on equipment, Standard and metric. Specialty tools provided.
- Must have the ability to read and understand work instructions.
- Must be able to perform diagnostic tests to identify and rebuild/repair malfunctions on all equipment.
Education and/or Experience
- High school or equivalent experience at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the commercial turf industry
- Minimum of five years’ experience or related field experience in Mechanical Field
- Training courses, schools, and seminars a plus
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Must have basic math skills, i.e. simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must be able to comprehend specifications outlined in manuals, as well as be able to read and understand measuring devices such as dial indicators, calipers, feeler gauges, scales etc.
- Diagnostic skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and analyze documents and procedure manuals.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Requires typing skills.
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles as well as to caustic or toxic chemicals. Noise levels can be excessive on occasion.
- Work is in a climate controlled, well-equipped service facility, with occasion to be exposed to outside weather conditions.