This is a position providing assistance in transforming initial rough drawings into working documents, and reviewing engineering drawings and designs to ensure compliance to specifications and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up of complete drawing list (MEP drawing set)
- Working with other CAD staff on backgrounds / redline drafting
- Efficient and accurate drafting with adherence to CAD standards
- QA/QC of work by CAD staff assigned to project
- Coordinate Drawing Files and electronic transmittals with Clients
- Electronic Project File Management
- Personal Continuing Education
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Education/Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software specially Microsoft programs.