The Quality Inspector provides hands on inspection of the manufactured components. Directs and coordinates the activities of inspection. Interacts directly with Operations in the accomplishment of support, scheduling, and continual improvement objectives in the manufacturing process. Performs internal audits as required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs AS9100 First Article Inspection conformities.
- Performs conformity inspection, initiates action, monitors acceptable levels.
- Manage work scheduling system that responds to priorities and daily requirements in each inspection and location.
- Initiates cross-training and initial training programs that encompass all aspects of the manufacturing inspection functions to expand and improve coverage and personnel qualifications.
- Performs internal systems, process, and product audits as scheduled to ensure compliance with contractual ISO/AS9100 and FAA ACCEP requirements.
- Responsible for customer field escapes and Supplier Corrective Action Programs.
- Establishes effective lines of communication and feedback with Operations, Team Leads, Purchasing, and Engineering to ensure prompt attention and resolution of conditions that adversely affect quality or throughput.
- Develops and maintains employee development participation programs that achieve the individuals’ potential and added value to the organization.
- Coordinate and manage MRB activity with Clearwater Quality Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Written and verbal communication skills. Organizational skills and initiative to complete the job. Must be able to use judgement and decision making skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a US Citizen. (No dual citizenship allowed)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience in a related technical field.
- Associate’s degree in Technical field or 3-5 years’ experience in the aerospace or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years aerospace experience in Quality Assurance Inspection in aerospace preferred.
- Proficient Blueprint reading required.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Inspection planning (e.g. sequence, priorities, interpretation of plan.
- NADCAP, ASQ CQA/CQE/CQM certifications a plus
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing preferred
- Maintenance of Calibration Database.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Oracle a plus.
- FARO Arm experience a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend over, crouch, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The Associate is frequently required to walk, and talk and hear. The Associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and bend. May require moderate lifting up to 25 pounds, pushing and pulling.
The environmental characteristic for this position is a production setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.