Will assist in building a variety of quality subassemblies using a variety of methods. This position will fit parts to close tolerances and operating requirements using many different procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to follow written instructions for compliance.
- Able to work from generated drawings with limited supervision.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, work instructions and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and power tools.
- Able to perform basic math and use precision measuring devices.
- Must be able to complete paperwork and manufacturing routing sheets.
- Able to fully understand Safety and Quality policies and requirements.
- Meet or exceed budget and schedule requirements.
- Ability to learn the basics of composite part fabrication and assembly as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Load and unload parts into ovens and presses. Make proper connections and monitor cure cycle.
- Advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
- Perform job safely and keep work area clean.
- Work Overtime and shift work as required.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Adhere to all company Safety Procedures and Safety Accountabilities (Ref: SP-011).
- Participate in NADCAP, ISO, AS 9100 and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Work towards a lean MFG concept.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Written and verbal communication skills. Organizational skills and initiative to complete the job. Must be able to use judgement and decision making skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience in a related technical field.
- One to three years of experience in Composites (or related) environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend over, crouch, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. May require moderate lifting up to 25 pounds, pushing and pulling.
The environmental characteristic for this position is a production setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.