Re-work is responsible for performing Solder and Assembly work as dictated by verbal or written instructions, utilizing standardized tools. Re-work varies in degree from replacement of surface mount IC’s to electro-mechanical assembly. Attention to detail while maintaining a high level of quality and peak manufacturing efficiency required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for solder rework of designated products using provided equipment such as soldering irons, vacuum de-solder, etc…
- Minor Mechanical Assembly/Disassembly of designated products.
- Enter all work performed into designated software programs.
- Performs work, as designated, per written and verbal instructions.
- Ensure quality of work/product is maintained to standards.
- Ability to work with hands effectively for mechanical assembly.
- Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, Bill of Materials and component layout drawings.
- Ability to perform solder work in a throughput oriented production line environment.
- Working knowledge of standard electronics component types.
- Ability to work under constant magnification (Microscope and Halo lamp).
- Ability to solder/de-solder small parts (e.g. 0402 resistors, capacitors).
- Ability to inspect PCBA to IPC standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate soldering and mechanical issues to co-workers and management.
- Moderate computer skills, including the ability to adapt to and learn new programs.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma.
- IPC Soldering Certificate (preferred) or equivalent work experience/training.