Manufacturing Process Engineer
The Manufacturing/Process Engineer ensures that production requirements are aligned through analysis of production efficiency and yield.
- The Mfg Process Eng adjusts, repairs, and conducts routine maintenance on existing machines as required.
- The position supports the production needs for manufacturing growth and implementation of new automated processes and equipment lines.
- The position works with the production team to continuously improve output and yield – this requires a fundamental understanding of the production process as well as the products.
- Optimizing daily production efficiencies by improving process steps and procedures for all product lines. Advises, directs, and trains production personnel in manufacturing techniques and methods.
- Troubleshooting electrical, automated, and mechanical machines is critical. Knowledge, tools, and analysis skills to solve problems in the areas of electronics, electromechanical products, mixers, laminators, fillers, automated processes, injection molding, and converting equipment.
- Responsible for process verification or validation activities related to daily production activities such as new equipment installation (IQ) or process qualification (OQ, PQ) for process improvements. Includes protocol development, execution, and operator training and report writing.
- Leads continuous improvement culture by identifying and implementing projects that improve quality, cost, or throughput to manufacturing processes. Identifies process or cost improvement opportunities. Including the design and implementation full automation different operation processes.
- Develops and creates process documentation for operators. Support the ramp up of capacity in product lines and correction of new and established BOM’s from manufacturing point of view. This includes detailed review and analyzing non-conforming products and develop corrective actions based on root cause analysis.
- Computer Applications: the ability to use appropriate computer applications to facilitate testing, documentation, and project management methods.
- Applicant will be able to use Microsoft Office as required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary to maintain productivity.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Medical Device experience CFR 820 and knowledge of ISO requirements is preferred.
- Experience with Injection Molding, Extrusion, Rotary Converting, Die Cutting, PLC, DC drives, and Automation
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficient with MS office products.
- Team player and significant contributor.
- Ability to multitask and quickly adapt to change.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skill.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred (however we are looking for a motivated self-starter that can solve problems and work independently).