Patient Care Coordinator
Warren, MI Company is looking for a Patient Care Coordinator. This job entails:
- Answers telephone by 2nd ring and transfers calls when necessary.
- Schedules new patient within 24 hours.
- Confirms new patient appointments 24 hours in advance of the evaluation appointment.
- Reschedules no-show and cancelled appointments.
- Contacts all no-show treating patients within 10 minutes of their appointment.
- Contacts all new evaluations 10 minutes prior to their scheduled time if they have not arrived 15 minutes before.
- Greets patients with a smile and positive attitude upon entering reception area.
- Ensures that all new patient intake forms are complete.
- Gives survey card to all patients following the evaluation and upon discharge.
- Organizes, maintains, and keeps the front desk tidy at all times.
- Informs professionals of patient arrivals.
- Informs professionals of patient cancellations
- Handles patient complaints and informs supervisor promptly as they occur.
- Understands scheduling software and Microsoft Word.
- Sets up new patient charts.
- Completes co-pay forms for new patients and asks patients for co-pays and deductibles at each visit. Arranges payment schedules as needed.
- Prepares billing letter with breakdown of benefits. (co-pay and deductible)
- Schedules patients after initial evaluations for 15 appointments.
- Schedules patients after re-evaluations for 15 appointments if additional appointments are requested by therapists.
- Keeps clinic equipment in good order.
- Assists with laundry duties if needed.
- Checks charge sheets weekly for dates, signatures, co-signatures, re-evaluations, evaluations.
- Documents all patient inquiry calls and follows up with sending information, etc.
High school graduate and 1 year of experience in clerical duties such as answering phones, transportation and scheduling. Continuing on the job training. Must have knowledge of computer and be able to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner
Wage based on experience ranging from $15-18/hr