Job Title: Maintenance Tech
- Hours: Normal 7am-3:20pm (8-hr shift) When needed 5am-3:20pm (10-hr shift) or 3am-3:20pm (12-hr shift)
Reports to: Facilities Manager, Shift Supervisors, Operations Manager, Other Managers and Lead Maintenance Tech
General Purpose of Job: To contribute to the successful and safe operation of James Steel. In this position the person must facilitate and add to the uptime and correct performance of all equipment. This person will also facilitate the safe and efficient production of quality tubes.
The Maintenance Tech is required to:
- Perform PM maintenance as required.
- Perform other maintenance and repairs as required.
- Maintain an inventory of replacement parts to perform routine maintenance.
- Keep the maintenance storage area organized, clean and safe.
- Work with the mill crew to increase uptime and lower scrap
- Read and correctly use micrometers, vernier calipers, pi tapes, radius gages, specialty gages and electrical test equipment.
- Be able to trouble shoot problems with both the electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Follow all safety practices and rules
- Be able to safely work at heights.
- Perform plant safety audits.
- Communicate and coordinate with Production
- Assist with, write, and read setup charts and procedures for all sizes of tube
Day Shift $21.65/hr