Food Service Line Cook (FS) Job description and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Kitchen skills such as measuring, slicing, basic cafeteria food preparation.
- Places items, such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays.
- Prepares food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
- Places servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart, dumbwaiter, or conveyor belt.
- Pushes carts to halls or ward kitchen.
- Serves trays to patients.
- Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen.
- Washes dishes, pots and pans and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- May record amount and types of special food items served to patients.
- May assemble and serve food items to hospital staff in cafeteria.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor or Department Leader