Lead Parts Warehouse Associate
This person must be able to perform all facets (i.e., Shipping, receiving, pulling, checking, packing, etc.) of the parts department. Manage the parts associates with the direction of the parts manager and assume all duties of the Parts Manager in their absence.
- Assistant to Parts Manager, with 8 permanent reports and up to 4 temporary employees.
- Required to train and lead all current and new associates along with temporary employees.
- Ensures the team accurately pulls, packs and ships customer parts orders daily for UPS pickup by 6:15pm.
- The parts department can be expected to ship 250-300 packages per day.
- Ensures customer pickups are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensures all shop tickets are pulled and delivered within 30-minute intervals.
This is an operations dept. position that reports to the Parts Manager.
The parts team is responsible for the daily fulfillment of our 2:00pm same day ship guarantee and is challenged to exceed that expectation.
- Assure check-in and put away of all shipments are accomplished in one working day.
- Make sure parts are labeled and put away properly using our location system.
- Work closely with the inventory specialist.
- Show accuracy in all aspects of shipping and receiving stock orders.
- Accurately complete the stock order discrepancy and locate all wrong parts, double shipments, miss counts, and defective material.
- Capability to rotate and shift team members as needed to handle normal workloads and respond to emergency demands.
- Properly identify all parts by labeling each item for identification.
- When necessary, perform all double-checking responsibilities accurately.
- Ensure all orders are packaged correctly to prevent damage and to minimize freight cost.
- Accurately calculate all C.O.D. packages.
- Ensure all areas are stocked with supplies.
- Make sure all primary locations are restocked correctly.
- Ensure all multiple order shipments (ASG, LKM, JAX) are processed over UPS and account for all packing slips.
- Manage up to 8 parts associates with normal day to day duties (i.e., pulling, checking, packing, and shipping).???
- Must have background in parts and warehousing.
- Supervisory skills.
- Must be detail, goal, and task oriented and have a high energy level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Forklift certified.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma minimum
- Previous parts, warehouse/shipping experience
- Previous management experience.