Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager will develop and lead HR strategies and programs to support overall business objectives and will ensure the HR systems and processes are poised to support the needs of a high-growth organization. The HR Manager will partner with leadership to drive performance and continued enhancement of the organization’s culture and capability and will be responsible for growing and aligning human capital with the organization’s mission and vision.
- Develop and execute proactive employee engagement programs to ensure high levels of management credibility and business performance.
- Provide leadership for all team members including performance management, career development and workforce planning.
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies for all positions that delivers full compliance, strong diversity and effective selection.
- Leverage Leadership Development and other training options to improve leadership capability to drive business growth.
- Lead and support managers and employees of ongoing HR initiatives and projects.
- Stay informed of local, state, and federal laws, rules, regulations, and statutes governing equal employment opportunity practices. Assure compliance with all applicable governmental and corporate regulations.
- Maintain a high level of quality, efficient HR services, to include: staffing/selection; performance management; compensation and benefits; employee relations; and training and development.
- Anticipate and plan for future events and activities that will impact the organization.
- Lead change initiatives that create and maintain a work environment consistent with values and safety principles.
- Ability to constructively challenge assumptions and is not intimidated to stand-up to authority in the organization as appropriate.
- Makes informed decisions with appropriate timing.
- Cares and advocates for the safety and welfare of others.
- Solid business understanding.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Aptitude and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- An excellent team player, mentor/coach.
- Effective communicator who builds strong relationships with external parties.
- Open to new ideas and innovative ways of thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related degree is required.
- 5-10 years of progressive HR experience in manufacturing (preferred).
- Proven experience in managing and building HR infrastructure to support rapidly scaling employee populations.
- Strong business acumen and HR leadership experience with a proven track record of acting as a strategic HR business partner in an operations environment.
- Strong managerial, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise as a human resources generalist and business partner with core competencies in recruiting, training, safety, organizational development, and compensation.
- Outstanding strategic skills and judgment.
- Ability to perform at both a strategic and hands on level.
- Have deep functional expertise in all areas of human resources.
- Have proven management and leadership skills.
- Serve as a true business partner to the executive team and other senior management leaders.
- Have a strong track record in developing best practice recruiting.
- Have significant experience in developing and implementing talent management programs.
- Ability to lead though influence in a collaborate environment.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment and worker’s compensation.
- Must have VALID Florida Driver’s License or Florida ID (required for entry into the Port).