Human Resource Manager
Human Resources Manager
This management role is considered a Mid-Level HR Professional with 5-8+ years Human Resources experience as a manager or generalist. The primary role of the Human Resources Manager will be to serve as a HR Business Partner to a mid-size field-based business unit and market/state leaders providing direction, and execution on the Human Capital Strategic Plan. The scope of responsibility includes leading and executing, through others, the HR Strategic Plan.
The full scope of HR disciplines include: Talent Management; Employment Relations and Legal Compliance: Compensation Administration; Associate Workplace Experience; Corporate Social Responsibility; and Business Consulting/Coaching and Change Management.
The Manager HR is responsible for the successful management and performance of any assigned direct report team. In addition, this person has an active role in discussions of any nature in helping drive the human capital strategy for the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Human Resource Technical Expertise and Practice. Demonstrates the ability to apply the principles and practices of human resource management to contribute to the success of Company's working with mid-level managers, senior managers, leaders, and executives.
- Relationship Management. Demonstrates the ability to lead and manage interactions with and between others with the specific goal of providing service and organizational success to assigned teams. Is visible, transparent, proactive and responsive to meeting the business needs of the assigned teams to ensure the working relationship is productive and successful.
- Consultation. Must understand and demonstrate the art of providing direct guidance and coaching to assigned managers and leaders seeking advice on a variety of business or people-related situations.
- Organizational Leadership and Navigation. Responsible for leading major key change initiatives and projects at the state/market level as it relates to human capital practices. Must demonstrate the ability and political savvy to direct initiatives and processes within the organization with agility and to gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Communication. Must demonstrate the ability to effectively exchange and create a free flow of information with and among various stakeholders at all levels of the organization to produce impactful outcomes.
- Cultural Effectiveness. Responsible for directing/managing human resources across the assigned groups. Leads the CSR and Inclusion & Diversity initiatives and executes related programs to ensure success. Provides perspective on the value of cultural awareness to supported teams especially with leadership.
- Ethical Practice. Role models and leads the integrations of core values; integrity; and accountability throughout the assigned teams and the Company’s business and human capital practices. Responsible for ensuring compliance with Company policies; federal, state, and trade laws and regulations.
- Business Acumen. Must demonstrate the ability to understand business functions, business intelligence and metrics within the Company and industry. Responsible for monthly analytic reports. Is a Subject Matter Expert on analytic capabilities of HR Technology solutions.
- Other Duties. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned throughout the course of employment not listed in the essential duties.
- Supervisory Scope (Manager, HR role). May manage a HR Administrator.
- 5-8+ years of related HR experience, specifically in management or as a generalist, including partnering with key managers of a division or business unit.
- Experience should include employment law, unions, and talent management.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university preferred. Consideration is given for equivalent combination of experience and education.
- SHRM Certification preferred.
- Travel required to warehouse locations outside the assigned home office. Field presence is estimated at 30-40%.
- Ability to operate computer systems, enterprise-wide software solutions; social media channels; telephone systems.