Hi-lo Driver 1st Shift
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing
• Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders/ pick sheets or receivers to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped
• Pulling customer orders
• Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department
• Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or rows according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code
• File shippers, receiver, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items.
• Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employees' and customer visits.
• Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method
• Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program
• Assist in counting of physical inventory
• May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed
• Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Wear the proper safety equipment
Minimum 1 year previous Hi-lo experience
Strong organization skills
Basic mathematics – counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc
Basic working knowledge and ability to use computers, software and databases
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.