(1) Surface Grinder –
$20-22/hr pay rate
Monday – Friday, 1st shift (7:00am – 4:30pm)
Must have experience with surface grinding, Bridgeport, assembly, and general machine shop secondary operations working with precision high-end machine components.
As a Surface Grinder, your duties include (but are not limited to), inspection of items coming off the assembly line; the removal of defective pieces; and the use of grinding machinery and CNC Mill equipment to smooth or polish the surface of the product.
– Responsibilities include; setting up and operating tools and machinery; examining materials to identify defects; selecting the appropriate tool or machine to correct defects and create a finished product that meets quality assurance standards.
– Responsible for setting up and tending grinding machines in order to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal pieces.
– grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal pieces.
– remove metal by the application of abrasives which are bonded to forma rotating wheel.
– rough and finish flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces.
– read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints.
– determine product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be ground, etc.
– collect and assemble required products.
– determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
– mount grinding wheel; use dressing devises; position work to a specified height.
– change out worn grinding wheels; check grinding wheels for cracks.
– utilize micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
– set up automatic work-feeding devices.