Food Service Tray Passer – Hospital
"FOOD-SERVICE WORKER, HOSPITAL"
- 1) Prepares and delivers food trays to hospital patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line: Reads production orders on color-coded menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray.
- 2) Places items, such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays.
- 3) Prepares food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
- 4) Places servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
- 5) Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- 6) Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart, dumbwaiter, or conveyor belt.
- 7) Pushes carts to halls or ward kitchen.
- 8) Serves trays to patients.
- 9) Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen.
- 10) Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
- 11) Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- 12) May record amount and types of special food items served to patients.
- 13) May assemble and serve food items to hospital staff in cafeteria.