- Aid cooks in preparing meals and plating food as requested by the chef or other supervising employee.
- Prepare simple meals such as salads or desserts.
- Help cooks with food preparation duties for the day by cutting, peeling, or slicing as needed.
- Greet and take customer orders, remember special requests, and deliver food in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service with a positive demeanor when dealing with restaurant patrons, fielding all complaints promptly, answering questions, and making meal suggestions when asked.
- Assist with cleaning the restaurant and dining area by picking up trash, clearing and washing plates and dishes, and wiping down tables as needed.
- Adhere to food safety standards at all times, making sure that all food is free or contaminants and pathogens that might make customers sick.
- Clean pots, pans, and any other dishes in the kitchen as needed, adhering to safety and sanitation standards at all times.