Environmental Services (EVS) Job description includes, but is not limited to:
- Working in a hospital setting, this job requires cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms, discharge rooms, common areas, hospital operational rooms, and other spaces inside the hospital.
- Associates will follow all safety standards and protocol, including wearing the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) which includes mask, gloves and other items as recommended.
- This position may include direct and indirect contact with infectious diseases, bodily fluids, and medical waste, and at all times, proper personal protective equipment is required.
- This position includes disinfecting and dusting all designated areas, replenishing all supplies and removal of trash, Spot cleaning carpet and upholstery, cleaning up spills, operating vacuum cleaning equipment, dusting/damp mopping floors, stairs and landing and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- The Environmental Services associate assists in establishing and maintaining an environment that is safe, clean and conducive to patients, visitors, and staff. EVS associates are required to complete work tasks as assigned and follow a10-step cleaning process.
- Associates will observe hospital dress code and grooming standards at all times.