The Embedded Manager will manage and coordinate multiple embedded projects & activities as part of the Tampa R&D organization; will be part of the Tampa R&D leadership interfacing other disciplines such as H/W, QA, Backend SW, Project Management, support and manufacturing; will be a key contributor leading the Tampa Embedded development team which includes the responsibility of both legacy and next generation projects & activities. Will have full ownership and responsibility for the Tampa R&D Embedded team execution on schedule delivery within the required quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proven direct supervisor and/or leadership of a team preferred.
- Ability to interface and cooperate with international embedded team.
- Proven experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on RT embedded targets with technology leadership capabilities.
- Solid programming experience in C / C++.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of RT OS coding techniques.
- Embedded Linux Systems experience including development and debug kernel drivers, interface with hardware sub systems.
- Experience in hardware/software integrations, drivers and low-level SW implementation.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Wide system knowledge in GPS, communication protocols, cellular, wiFi/BT, power management and sensors management.
- Strong documentation and writing skills needed.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited university required.
- Willingness to relocate to the Tampa area.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience.