Embedded Firmware Engineer
Primarily responsible for developing and maintaining our battery operated GPS tracking device products used for monitoring and tracking criminal offenders. Embedded products include GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ISM RF, alcohol, tamper detection, encryption, and various other technologies. This position works closely with Hardware Engineering, Software Development team, and QA.
- Work with the existing Embedded Firmware team to support and add new features to our products
- Effectively collaborate and network with numerous internal and external organizations including Hardware Engineering, Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Account Reps in the field.
- Help coordinate development with our other operations via email, conference calls, video conferencing and some limited travel.
- Actively participate in code reviews to a peer audience with clear written and verbal communications.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing and supporting embedded firmware solutions
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in C / C++ in embedded devices
- Experience working with microcontrollers and embedded RTOS and debuggers
- Experience working in an R&D team environment with strong interpersonal skills
KNOWL EDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
- Ability to understand existing code base with limited documentation
- Strong debugging skills (both hardware and software)
- Familiarity with the following preferred: ARM compilers, Keil IDE, NXP and Freescale microcontrollers; Data and RF Communications protocols; GPS technologies; electronic sensors; and, User Interface designs
- Experience in Embedded Linux a plus skill
- Limited experience developing intellectual property through patent filings