The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing, executing and delivering technical solutions for our product offering including interior, exterior, and specialty lamps for automotive applications.
Provides engineering, design, and development support for new product launches and development projects pertaining to electronics in interior and exterior automotive lighting products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer technical key contact for electronics and electrical subsystem, including review and understanding of electrical documentation and specifications.
- Conduct electronics design and software for new product development and production programs.
- Conducts DFMEA, DVP&R, wiring schematics, component selection and other technical support on assigned programs.
- Define, plan and track work packages for all electronics disciplines (system design, HW design, HW validation, ECAD, DFMEA, WCCA, Elcomp, hardware checklist).
- Support customer presentations and discussions and present technical content of quotations or development results.
- Consultation with the customer when implementing technical requirements and agree on technical solutions. Identify and track internal or external changes.
- Support electronics and software testing.
- Professional experience in automotive electrical engineering, with circuit design, WCCA, Board layout/schematic capture software such as Orcad/Pad’s and Altium (preferred).
- Software programming and/or EMC experience is a plus but not required.
- Practical experience and know-how in usage of following tools such as standard testing equipment (Oscilloscope, DMM, thermocouple meter), LABVIEW (desired), FMC ELCOMP, OEM requirements etc.
- Experience in electronics test plan writing and software testing. Able to perform data analysis and result interpretation.
Education & Experience — One of the following:
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or computer engineering plus 2 years of experience in a position involving electronics and software development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering plus 2 to 4 years of experience in a position involving automotive electronics.