Dishwasher- hospital 1st shift
General Summary: Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment used in the preparation, serving, storage, and transportation of food. Including the cleaning of floors, walls, windows, hoods, carts and all other general departmental equipment. Essential Duties: • Dis-assembles trays. Sorts refuse for recycling and composting as directed. Operates dish machine according to established standards. Monitors safety and sanitation indicators as assigned. Reports irregularities to leadership. • Washes and sanitizes larger items per established standards. Monitors safety and sanitation indicators as assigned. Reports irregularities to leadership. Cleans and sanitizes floors, walls, and stationary equipment as appropriate. • Heavy duty cleaning of surfaces and equipment using heavy duty cleaning product following safety and sanitation standards. Operates industrial cleaning equipment according to established procedures. • Collects and disposes of trash and recyclables as directed. • Interacts with others in a respectful manner. Uses communication devices such as pagers, telephones, overhead announcement devices, and other methods of verbal and audible communication.
- Prepares and delivers food trays to hospital patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line: Reads production orders on color-coded menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray.
- Places items, such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays.
- Prepares food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
- Places servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart, dumbwaiter, or conveyor belt.
- Pushes carts to halls or ward kitchen.
- Serves trays to patients.
- Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen.
- Washes dishes, pots and pans and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- May record amount and types of special food items served to patients.
- May assemble and serve food items to hospital staff in cafeteria.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor or Department Leader