- Scrapes and rinses food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine depending on assigned equipment. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Washes pots, pans and trays based on assigned procedures. Ensure complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel and hand cloth depending on assigned equipment and procedures. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensures compliance with outlined safety procedures.
- Maintains temperatures and chemical levels as outlined by provided standards.
- Keeps dish area orderly and in compliance with safety standards.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors to ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks and other food prep surfaces.
- Removes trash and places it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Helps load and unload supplies and product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bending, twisting, stretching, turning, and lifting up to 40 pounds
- Pulling and pushing up to 40 pounds.
- Standing on your feet and walking for several hours at a time
- Ability to use hospital communication systems (pager and telephone system).