Position Summary: Prepares hot and cold entrees, side dishes, soups, sauces, and baked goods. Follows standardized recipes to meet patients dietary needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Sets up, organizes, cleans and maintains work area.
2. Prepares hot and cold entrees, side dishes, soups, sauces, and baked goods, with accompanying garnishes or condiments.
3. Prepares food items and recipes according to established procedure. 4. Performs mathematical calculations for items such as, but not limited to, tube feedings, diets, and recipes.
5. Checks quality of food items throughout food preparation procedure. 6. Portions food according to established standards.
7. Assembles, serves, and delivers meals; sets up items for special functions and fills requisitions.
8. Inspects trays, food carts and items for special functions, for accuracy.