CNC Programmer – 1st Shift
The primary function of the CNC Mill Programmer position is the programming of new jobs and the improvement of existing jobs according to the production schedule to meet customer requirements.
Responsibilities: As a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Writes or modifies programs using MasterCam, checks and optimizes programs using Vericut, and creates setup sheets and machining instructions.
- Assist machinists with troubleshooting or other related machining questions
- Properly identify tooling to be used via a tool list
- Identify and design work holding as needed
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speeds, feed, coolant flow, and depth of cut
- Standardize machining practices using canned cycles and routines
- Make program adjustments after the first run to optimize the process and gain repeatability for future lots
- Adhere to company quality policies and procedures in accordance with our ISO 9001 documented plan
- Renishaw programming and Productivity Plus knowledge. Understanding probing macro codes, machine variables.
- H.S. diploma required
- 5+ years of MasterCam experience
- 10+ years of CNC mill experience on 3, 4 and 5 axis kinematic machines, including setup and programming experience
- Proficiency in the use of measuring tools; micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, height gauges, optical comparator, thread gauges, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, understand GD&T
- Basic math skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, and positive attitude
- Day Shift 7a-4p
- Wage based on experience ranging from $25-35/hr