CNC Horizontal Lathe Machinist
CNC Horizontal Machinist
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Accountable for efficient and timely production of a quality finished product.
- Aware at all times of correct orientation of product being placed in machine.
- Loads and unloads product.
- Monitors and changes cutting tools (inserts) as needed.
- Performs basic dimensional inspection of product when required.
- Operates equipment in constant high production environment.
- Starts and stops cycle of equipment as needed, through use of push buttons and levers.
- Removes metal shavings/chips from equipment in a safe manner.
- Notify supervision of any adverse conditions that may affect quality of the finished product.
- Rough machine forgings to drawings
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of operations of Lathes machines
- Knowledge of a machining shop in the steel industry
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 1 – 3 experience in related field.
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 25#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.