Buyer -Holland, MI
Holland, MI company is looking for a BUYER. Duties include:
- Responsible for item sourcing, item content, and item maintenance activities through the creation and maintenance of item master records that meet company’s cost saving objectives and quality standards.
- Responsible for supplier selection and management based on customer specific or multi-customer category strategies; establishment of beneficial supplier relationships and managing supplier performance as needed.
- Responsible for the processing and management of purchase orders to the supply base and resolving any issues that arise during the order fulfillment cycle.
- Meet or exceed assigned objectives and performance metrics to ensure internal timing expectations are met based on company’s and customer key performance indicators.
- Perform in accordance with departmental procedures and standards.
- Support efforts to improve process efficiencies.
- Support customer satisfaction objectives by ensuring customer, supplier, and related issues are addressed, consistent with company’s guidelines.
- Provide customer requisitioner support as needed including initiating approved customer requisitions, following up on late orders, following up on returns (RMA’s) to make sure proper credit is received, establishing VMI process support or other cost effective ordering/inventory processes, and other approved support activities assigned by company management.
- Strong understanding of purchasing practices and standard purchasing systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, with strong skill set using Excel
- Capable of conducting price and term negotiations.
- Ability to balance the need to proactively and aggressively manage supply base, while completing daily transactional workload within customer expected timing goals in an effective manner.
- Demonstrate strong skills in verbal and written communications.
- Fluent in English
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
Pay is based on experience and ranging from $50K to $70K+
Contract to hire positions. Hybrid position. Work from home and from the office.