Assistant Medical Administrator
Warren Michigan company is looking for an Assistant Administrator. This role will entail:
- Assists in implementation and follow up of all administrative policies and procedures.
- Coordinates staff schedules, handling all requests for personal days off and all attendance issues.
- Participates in hiring and termination
- Assures all Medicare guidelines are being followed.
- Acts as direct supervisor to all clerical staff.
- Acts as an in-direct supervisor to clinical staff
- Performs all pre-payroll duties of tabulating hours on time sheets
- Performs quarterly utilization reviews of patient records to assure compliance with Medicare regulations and to assess the accuracy and quality of patient care.
- Assists in preparation of Medicare certifications.
- Communicates with the billing company and acts as a liaison between the administrator and the billing company.
- Participates in design and implementations of program development.
- Participates in orientation and training of clerical employees.
- Provides disciplinary action notices to staff.
- Supervises patient and staff safety, filling out incident reports when necessary.
- Sets up and conducts in-services
- Tracks all clinical analytics, including billing, and visits information and logs the clinicians’ productivity stats weekly including the total number of patients seen; rescheduled, cancelled and discusses the findings with the Clinical Director and the Administrator, generating a plan of action.
- Assists with revisions to policies and procedures with a focus on streamlining work flow and communication.
- Completes all patient medical legal record requests.
- Oversees all policies and procedures of the clinic.
- Covers for the Patient Care Coordinators when needed and assists in all front desk duties, such as answering the telephone daily, insurance verification/authorizations.
A Bachelor or Master degree and preferred 1-2 years of experience or equivalent education of experience in business, with emphasis on health administration and or someone who is qualified and has experience in one of the professional health disciplines in rehabilitation.
Wage is based on experience and ranges from $40K-$45K