2nd Shift Yard Leader
Full time 2nd shift leadership role in automotive yard.
Shift time: 6pm – 3:30, overtime may be available.
The Yard Leader is responsible for managing specific yard activities. Primary goals are to ensure that the requirements of the Yard Management group as well as our customer requirements are met.
The Yard Leader reports to the Operations Manager and / or Group Leader and has direct responsibility to lead their location.
- Maintain professional and cordial relationship with customer, vendors and various departments
- Assures local receiving and releasing related operations are functioning in accordance with established procedures and that customer service, shipping and budget goals are met
- Communicates exceptions, and proactively resolves transportation problems
- Know, understand and follow Yard Management Processes
- Know the inspection process (inbound / post campaign) and train team on standardized inspections process
- Gathers required documentation for system entry and processing of damage claims
- Know how to use equipment (scanners/computer/etc.) and train team
- Fill out necessary paperwork on a daily basis
- Know, understand, and use Quality Management System and train team
- Know, understand, follow, and enforce HR and Safety Policies that effect location
- Coordinate/ supervise a staff of 20 employees
- Accurate arrival of inbound vehicles
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in production field
- Leadership experience
- Computer training helpful, but not necessary.
- Valid Driver's License